12.07.2009

Last week of school

So it's the last week of school and I feel kind of okay about it. I mean, I've been going to school since I was 4 or 5 and I haven't stopped since. I didn't take a break after high school and I sure as hell didn't take a break when I didn't even know what I wanted to do. Cue the music.....

Just to recap why I took soooooo long to earn my undergraduate degree:

Fall 01 - Sign up for classes at Laredo Community College and major in Music Education.
Fall 02 - Leave music education and begin taking classes for core curriculum.
Spring 03 - Finally pass my remedial Math course (Yeah, I suck at math)
Fall 03 - Begin first of 3 attempts at College Algebra. (First year at TAMIU)
Fall 04 - Finally left College Algebra in the dust with an A. WTF?
Spring 04 - Spring 07 = The worst time of my college life. Bouncing off C's and Drops while taking 2 classes each semester. Something I regret but then...
Fall 07 - Begin taking school more seriously and declare a major (Business Administration with Concentration in Marketing)
Fall 09 - HERE I AM!

As lame as that was I felt like I had to post it to see for myself just how much time I took/used/wasted to finally grow up and take college seriously.

So here's to a 6-month break from school and begin all over again in the Fall of 2010. I dunno why I'm pursuing a Masters if the world is going to end in 2012.

1 comment:

Luis A., Bloomington, IN said...

It's not lame at all, self-reflection is always good. I'm glad that you are finishing school. Don't worry too much about what'll come next. You are almost done. Congratulations!!

Spurs

Followers