3.03.2009

Bringing the LOL'z



So what brings out actual LOL's in chats? I've always thought (not always but when I first realized what messenger was and it's little codes that come with) that internet slang is tricky when communicating with foreign friends. Of course, I don't have any foreign friends with the exception of those I've met online. Everyone gets "lol" but do they actually do it? There's different ways of expressing how serious you are at "lol-ing" like the simple "lol" (which is in my opinion more like a chuckle) and then there's the serious "haha" or "jaja" in Spanish. It's more of a sarcastic "lol" and I don't enjoy those as much. Then there's the lmao which you know what it means and if you don't then look it up in wikipedia. I traditionally use L.M.A.O. or L! M! A! O! to show how seriously funny something was. Of course some will think "Get a hold of youself it isn't THAT funny!" Then there's those that go the extra mile and type ROTFLMMFAO, which stands for "Really On The Floor Laughing My MotherFucking Ass Off!" These people need to be shot.





What was the point of this post you say? To get you to LOL of course! And if you didn't then a simple "Haha" will do.

No comments:

Spurs

Followers