2.17.2009

J.R.R. Tolkien: New book due out this spring


The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, J.R.R. Tolkien's previously unpublished early-career work based on Norse mythology, will be released this spring, the Associated Press is reporting. Tolkien wrote the book, which predates his seminal The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy, in the 1920s and 1930s, when he was teaching at Oxford University. He died in 1973.

I don't know if I'll buy this. I'm currently reading the first book (The Lord of the Rings, not The Hobbit) and I think because I've seen the movie the adventures are easier to picture in my head. I also purchased The Children of Hurin but I won't start that till I'm done with the rest of the trilogy. That probably won't be until my 20th high school reunion.

Source: EW.com

No comments:

Spurs

Followers