6.12.2008

Lil' Wayne's new CD sells 423,000 in ONE day

NEW YORK (AP) -- The excessive leaks and bootlegging of Lil Wayne's new album haven't prevented it from being a hot seller: The rapper's "Tha Carter III" sold 423,000 copies in its first day of release, according to Billboard magazine, citing figures from Nielsen SoundScan.

More

----------------------------------------------

I've never heard a song from him, or at least I'm not sure, but W.T.F.? That's a lot for one day! And he's not Britney or NSYNC!? I'm sure it's music I wouldn't enjoy anyway but I still think numbers like these are something to show off every once in a while.

Oprah: So, Lil' Wayne, I heard you were thinking of opening schools in the inner city schools of Detroit where you grew up? What inspired you to do this?

Lil' Wayne: I solds 423,000 in one day bitch!

Oprah: Marvelous, just marvelous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you that this girl was talking about going to see him in concert. Actually, when I was telling you the story and I said Lil Wayne I was unsure if this was the rap artist that she was considering going to see. After these types of sales I have no doubt that it was him.

Anonymous said...

With his new album "Tha Carter III" poised to debut next week at No. 1 on The Billboard 200, Lil Wayne begins a fifth week atop the Hot 100 with "Lollipop" featuring Static Major. Five songs from "Tha Carter III" are on this week's tally, and Wayne also appears as a guest on charting tracks from Usher and Lloyd.

How do you disrespect that, whether you like rap or not. That's Beatles type domination.

Spurs

Followers