5.15.2008

California lifts ban on gay marriage

By LISA LEFF, Associated Press Writer 2 hours, 53 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - California's Supreme Court declared that gay couples in the nation's biggest state can marry — a monumental but perhaps short-lived victory for the gay rights movement Thursday that was greeted with tears, hugs, kisses and at least one instant proposal of matrimony.

I'm hoping that it's a permanent thing and nothing gets overturned. Not that I'm planning on tying the knot at this moment or planning on moving to California, but it would be nice to know that it will be possible for me to do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great line at the end. It's nice to know that things are improving. Although I do live in California and have heard on the news how much of an uproar there's been over this already.

I'd been avoiding all the news and entertainment sites because I hadn't seen Survivor. During this short period, new shows are announced and gay marriage becomes legal in California! I sure did miss on a lot this week!

Spurs

Followers