4.03.2008

When I Grow Up...


I've seen several movies where the location of the movie makes me want to live in that area of the country (or world). When I first saw the movie Insomnia I felt this unexplained love towards the Alaskan landscape and when I saw the movie Brokeback Mountain and An Unfinished Life I loved the idea of living in a really small town or even a ranch. I haven't seen a movie where the main location is a lighthouse, or anywhere near one (not that I can recall) but for the longest time I've imagined myself living in a house attached to a lighthouse. I'd run it and be at peace. I dunno, maybe it's something I'd like when I 'grow up'. Or, something I'd have when I retire. The picture above captures the beauty of the isolation I'd love to have. I think that's what of these locations have in common. I'm far away from the city noise and close to actual nature. I'd love it if this were my future but who knows what the future holds. I might change my mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A house next to a light house? Ugh, whatever. Where did you get this faggy idea because I've never heard of it? You've expressed your desire to run away and be by yourself. This is the latest one.

Anonymous said...

Must you always be such an ass?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about getting away from everything. Not that I share your views on this since interactions with people is the nectar of life. New Zealand would be great.

Spurs

Followers